Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Shipping and Packaging for the Holidays

Well, I'm starting to gather all my packaging supplies together for the holidays - since I have already started shopping, I figure others have too and I should be ready. I'm considering adding gift wrap to the shop, but I'm not sure how that will work. I can make the inside of the package pretty, but USPS and UPS stick labels and stickers and such all over the outside, so how can I pretty that up? Hmm.....
I still need to buy some plain brown boxes. I'm going with the natural, organic palette for packaging. I think it's classy. :)

I received this message in an email from Karen Allen, e-Consignment representative of Florence LLC, when I bought something from them on Ebay. I thought it was really funny and charming.

We do our best to hold true to a time tested shipping tradition passed down for over 5000 years :). This very intensive practice is only achieved after years of training, meditation, and deep breathing but mostly by holding our mouth just right while we concentrate. We donned special gloves and placed it into a fancy box made of magic, lined with KuKu bird feathers, tied the box with a few strands of Unicorn hair, and wrapped the whole thing in a sparkly looking faux gold leaf paper, with elm leaf inlay from Wal-Mart. Unfortunately, by the time it gets to you, that fancy stuff will most likely have been picked clean by the curious package handlers along the way. Please do not be surprised to see a plain package with your purchase inside :)